Word Matters

Source:Global Times Published: 2017/8/31 18:53:39

Illustration: Chen Xia/GT



"Woman was compensated 11,200 yuan after becoming ill from eating a restaurant's crawfish."

A woman has been awarded 11,200 yuan ($1,697.89) in compensation after falling ill from eating crawfish in a Shanghai restaurant, according to thepaper.cn on Thursday. The customer, surnamed Xia, claimed to have developed enterogastritis and rhabdomyolysis as a result of eating the fresh water lobster and demanded 23,000 yuan from the business to cover her medical costs and lost income through not being able to work. The restaurant owner denied all liability, claiming that no other diners had complained of similar symptoms. Xia then filed a lawsuit at the Changning District People's Court of Shanghai which found in her favor and granted her a reduced compensation award.

Posted in: PULSE

blog comments powered by Disqus