Word matters

Source:Global Times Published: 2017/9/13 18:43:39

Illustrations: Luo Xuan/GT



"The leg of lamb was too salty and old, but we did not think too much of it at the time and continued to eat."

So said a woman surnamed He, who was diagnosed with food poisoning after eating a barbecued lamb leg with four friends at a restaurant in Chaoyang district. The woman developed a high fever accompanied by a severe stomachache and went to the hospital where she was told that she had acute gastroenteritis caused by food poisoning. Two of her friends had a more severe form of the same illness, but the third was diagnosed with viral dysentery and hospitalized. The owner of the restaurant said that he had negotiated with the customers and was willing to pay their medical bills. The Beijing food and drug watchdog has launched an investigation. (Source: Beijing Morning Post)

Posted in: TWOCENTS-OPINION,METRO BEIJING

blog comments powered by Disqus