DPRK condemns latest U.N. Security Council press statement

Source:Xinhua Published: 2017/9/19 2:26:58

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Monday condemned the press statement released last week by the United Nations Security Council, which urges implementation of Resolution 2375 after the DPRK conducted another medium-range ballistic missile test.

In a spokesman's statement, the DPRK Ministry of Foreign Affairs specifically pointed the finger at the United States for its alleged role in bringing about the U.N. Security Council press statement, and lashed out at the latest U.N. sanctions on the DPRK in response to its nuclear programs.

It said that "the anti-DPRK sanctions campaign of the US has grown so reckless as to impose a full-scale blockade of all sections to include areas directly related to the livelihood of civilian population as well as foreign trade of the country."

"This is the most vicious, unethical and inhumane act of hostility to physically exterminate the people of the DPRK, let alone its system and government," it said.

In a press statement released on Friday after closed-door consultations, the 15 members of the U.N. Security Council condemned "the highly provocative launch of a ballistic missile" by the DPRK earlier in the day.

The missile launch, which violates U.N. Security Council resolutions, came just days after the council imposed fresh sanctions on the DPRK over its nuclear test on Sept. 3.

On Sept. 13, the DPRK Foreign Ministry also condemned and categorically rejected the latest U.N. Security Council resolution.

Posted in: ASIA-PACIFIC

blog comments powered by Disqus