DPRK sends condolences to Egypt over Sinai terror attack

Source:Xinhua Published: 2017/11/27 21:59:57

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has sent condolences to Egypt over the deadly terrorist attack in Sinai last week, said the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) Monday.

Kim Yong Nam, president of the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly, sent a message of sympathy to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Sunday, expressing condolences to the Middle East country, according to the KCNA.

DPRK Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho also sent a message of sympathy to his Egyptian counterpart Sameh Shoukry on Sunday, it said.

Militants reportedly carrying the flag of the Islamic State (IS) launched the bomb and gun attack on a mosque in Egypt's North Sinai province, killing at least 304 people and injuring 120 more.

Posted in: ASIA-PACIFIC

blog comments powered by Disqus