Source:Xinhua Published: 2013-4-7 16:49:44
The Philippine government on Sunday assured the public that the police had intensified its campaign following several child kidnapping cases and try to solve as soon as possible the outstanding cases.
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte, in a text message, encouraged the public, especially the parents, to be more cooperative with authorities to hasten the investigations and efforts to rescue the children.
"The National Capital Region Police Office has directed all units to immediately investigate reported cases of missing children and to intensify campaign to remind parents in their areas of responsibility to report these cases as soon as possible so police can act promptly," she said.
The NCRPO admitted that there had been several child abductions in Metro Manila recently but said that they have no evidence to indicate that a syndicate is behind it.
It added that 38 child abduction cases was recorded last year, including three-year-old Jael Flores who was taken in December while playing near their home in Taguig in Metro Manila. The case remains unresolved so far.
Among the recent cases was a 1-year-old boy in Barangay San Antonio in Quezon City who was reportedly followed by a man carrying waste bins before the child went missing. Two other missing boys in Taguig were reportedly last seen with a garbage collector.