Man electrocuted after snagging power lines while fishing Published: 2013-8-19 18:28:54


A fishing rod was melted beyond recognition after a man cast his line into power lines above a river while fishing in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province. Photo: Yangtze Evening Post


Firefighters carry a man shocked unconscious after he cast his fishing line into overhanging power lines in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province. The 62-year old suffered burns on nearly half his body. Photo: Yangtze Evening Post

A man in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province is currently receiving treatment for severe burns after he was shocked by power lines while fishing at a river.

Local police and firefighters rushed the 62-year old man to a local hospital after he was found unconscious with burns covering nearly half his body next to his melted fishing rod, the Yangtze Evening Post reported on August 19.

Authorities explain the man was electrocuted two days earlier when he cast his wet fishing line under a railway bridge and snagged high-voltage wires hanging several meters above.

The area was clearly marked with signs that read, "High Voltage, No Loitering or Playing", said the report. According to a railway employee, the cables carry a current of 27.5 kilovolts.

The accident caused nearly an hour of freight train delays, said the report.

Web Editor:

Posted in: Odd News

blog comments powered by Disqus