SPORTS >> Motorsport

Alonso ruled out of Bahrain Grand Prix

McLaren's Fernando Alonso failed a medical and was ruled out of the Bahrain Grand Prix on Thursday with the after­effects of a huge crash in Australia, paving the way for Belgian reserve Stoffel Vandoorne to make his Formula One debut.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/4/1 0:03:07

Formula 1 drivers call for change of governance

Grand Prix drivers this week called for Formula One to change the way it is run and abandon “obsolete and ill-­structured” decision-making processes that they said could affect the sport's popularity.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/3/25 18:28:12

Teams agree to revert to old qualifying for Bahrain

Formula One will revert to the old system of qualifying for next month's race in Bahrain following the debacle of the new elimination format, ­reports said Sunday.
Soure:AFP: 2016/3/21 0:03:01

Rosberg wins Aussie GP

Nico Rosberg won a dramatic Australian Grand Prix on Sunday after a bungled tire strategy dashed Sebastian Vettel's chances of a season-opening triumph and Fernando Alonso survived a spectacular crash that left his McLaren wrecked.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/3/20 23:08:01

Rossi and Marquez renew rivalry with Qatar kickoff this weekend

The MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar this weekend with fresh challenges and old rivalries as Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez square up again for the first time since last year's toxic finale.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/3/18 0:37:48

Party over for Hamilton as new season dawns

Lewis Hamilton spent the off-season crisscrossing the globe to party with A-list celebrities but Formula One's reigning champion is adamant there will be no hangover when he returns to work at this week's season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
Soure:AFP: 2016/3/18 0:37:48

Di Resta joins Williams

British Formula One driver Paul di Resta said Monday he will join the Williams team as reserve driver for the Formula One season which gets under way in Melbourne this weekend.
Soure:Agencies: 2016/3/15 0:28:01

Raikkonen ups testing pace

Finland's Kimi Raikkonen registered the fastest time in Formula One testing so far this season on the third day of the second test in Barcelona.
Soure:Agencies: 2016/3/3 23:28:02

Lewis Hamilton hails 'fantastic' car

Triple Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton hailed his “fantastic” Mercedes after wrapping up the first preseason test with another 99 laps ­before lunchtime on Thursday.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/2/26 7:55:14

Fans to vote for Driver of the Day

Formula One will introduce a “Driver of the Day” award chosen by fans voting online during the race, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said Wednesday in a statement detailing changes for 2016 and 2017.
Soure:AFP: 2016/2/25 7:34:44

Honda replace Formula 1 head Arai

Embattled Honda surprised partners McLaren on Tuesday by announcing a change of leadership in their Formula One engine program less than a month before the season starts in Australia.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/2/23 22:58:01

Vettel fastest in opening F1 test in Barcelona

Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel outgunned reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton to the fastest time as the 2016 Formula One season got underway with the first test in Barcelona on Monday.
Soure:Reuters: 2016/2/23 0:03:03

British driver Sam Bird wins Formula E race in Buenos Aires

British driver Sam Bird (C) of DS Virgin team, celebrates with Swiss Sebastien Buemi (L) of Renault e.Dams team and Brazilian Lucas Di Grassi (R) of ABT Schaeffler team during the award ceremony of 2016 FIA Formula E Buenos Aires ePrix, in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Feb. 6, 2016. Sam Bird claimed the title with 45:28.385.
Soure:Xinhua: 2016/2/7 12:14:12

Kobayashi joins Toyota

Former Formula One driver Kamui Kobayashi will replace the retired Alex Wurz for the Toyota Gazoo Racing team in the World Endurance Championship competition that includes the fabled Le Mans race, the Japanese car manufacturer announced Thursday.
Soure:Agencies: 2016/2/4 23:33:01

Magnussen back with Renault

Renault announced the Formula One comeback of Danish driver Kevin Magnussen at the launch on Wednesday of a new-look team that will put the French carmaker back on the starting grid as a constructor this season.
Soure:Agencies: 2016/2/3 23:33:01

13 confirmed injured after Rally Dakar crash involving Chinese driver

13 spectators were injured, including five children, on Saturday after being hit by the car of Chinese driver Guo Meiling, during the first stage of Rally Dakar 2016 near the Argentinean city of Arrecifes.
Soure:Xinhua: 2016/1/3 9:39:51

Nissan quits WEC

Nissan has withdrawn from next year's World Endurance Championship (WEC), which has the Le Mans 24 Hours as its headline race, after their 2015 car proved uncompetitive.
Soure:Reuters: 2015/12/24 0:13:01

F1 chief Ecclestone says German Grand Prix could make a comeback

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone said Germany could return to the Grand Prix schedule if an agreement was reached with track owners, ­according to an interview in a German magazine.
Soure:Reuters: 2015/12/24 0:03:33