CHINA / DIPLOMACY
China strongly condemns deadly terror blast at Pakistan hotel: Chinese FM
Published: Apr 22, 2021 03:38 PM
Wang Wenbin, spokesperson of China's Foreign Ministry Photo: VCG

Wang Wenbin, spokesperson of China's Foreign Ministry Photo: VCG


China strongly condemns the deadly blast in the parking lot of the Serena Hotel in Quetta, capital of the Pakistani province of Balochistan late Wednesday, and sends condolences to those affected, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin commented on Thursday.

The relevant departments in Pakistan are currently investing their full force to investigate the incident, and China believes that Pakistan will find out the truth and bring the culprits to justice, and ensure the safety of Chinese personnel and institutes in Pakistan, Wang said during a routine press conference on Thursday.

The explosion reportedly left four dead and wounded 12. 

Media reports also pointed out that the hotel in question was hosting Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Nong Rong.

However, according to Wang, the Chinese envoy was not present when the incident took place as he was outside leading a delegation on a local visit.

So far, there have been no reports of casualties of Chinese nationals from the incident, Wang said.

Observers reached by the Global Times said that it is too early to draw a conclusion on whether the attack in Quetta, home to the China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative flagship project of Gwadar port, was targeting the Chinese delegation. 

However, they believed that the development of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor in the region will and must carry on, as local support overwhelmingly prevails and Beijing will not flinch against any attacks. 

Global Times

 


blog comments powered by Disqus